Pamela and Greg discuss the controversial bid selection process in the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box program, and why Pamela thinks produce businesses have every right to be outraged, while Greg has been profiling winners of the contracts all week.
Pamela talks IRI sales numbers and what Mother’s Day will tell us about how many people will be getting together (and buying produce) for Memorial Day.
- DiMare Fresh outlines Farmers to Families Food Box plan
- Food box program presents $40MM challenge for avocado grower
- Inside one company’s USDA Farmers to Families food box plan
- United Fresh letter requests accountability for USDA Farmers to Families Food Box contracts
- USDA approves $1.2 billion in contracts for Farmers to Families Food Box Program
- Do oranges taste better in the shower?
- Online grocery jumped 5 years ahead
- Produce growth stays strong, up 17%