Monthlong campaign features retail display contest with prizes including air fryers to create air fryer banana splits, one grand prize visit to the Organics Unlimited banana farms in Colima, Mexico
SAN DIEGO – Organics Unlimited, BB #:164609 San Diego-based grower and distributor of organic tropical fruit, will celebrate its 17th annual GROW Month starting on September 1, 2022.
Throughout the month of September, Organics Unlimited will highlight its GROW program which focuses on social responsibility. These efforts include promoting sustainability, education and health care to underserved communities in banana growing regions of Mexico and Ecuador through the sale of GROW label organic bananas.
All retailers in the U.S. and Canada that carry Organics Unlimited bananas can participate in GROW Month throughout September 2022 by creating a prominent display for GROW bananas during the month. Communicate how GROW is a banana that shoppers can be proud to purchase by sharing information about GROW and how the program is helping organic banana growing communities in an impactful way.
Participating retailers should create a compelling display with Organics Unlimited GROW bananas for at least one week in September. Informing banana shoppers about the GROW program, proudly displaying how your retail store has contributed to GROW, and even sharing pictures of GROW scholars are all suggestions. Possible display themes could be GROW means education, GROW means environmental responsibility or GROW means health and wellness.
A new look at GROW Month this year focuses on sharing your favorite air fryer recipe for bananas. An air fryer banana split can taste even better than a s’more with healthy, fresh tasting GROW bananas. Caramelized GROW bananas also make a delicious fall treat. Good for eating any time of day, fresh tasting GROW organic bananas make a great snack and are perfect for eating on the go.
The top three entries will all receive an air fryer to create their own air fryer banana split. First place will receive a one-week visit for two people to the Organics Unlimited banana farms in Colima, Mexico to experience up-close all the impactful work that GROW is doing.
Here’s how to enter:
• Submit an intention to participate email by September 9 to email@example.com.
• Build the display and submit quality, clear photos that show the entire display to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30.
• Provide the name(s) of the person(s) building the display, store name, address, phone, email, and distributor used to receive Organics Unlimited GROW bananas.
• Winners will be chosen by an independent panel, notified by email, then publicly announced on Organics Unlimited social media accounts by October 3, 2022.
• Bonus points will be awarded for posting the GROW display to your store’s Instagram and/or Facebook page, tagging @organics.unlimited and using the hashtag #GROWMonth2022, so share what your store has done.
Display entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Creatively communicating what the GROW program is to shoppers and how it helps banana growers and communities surrounding the organic banana farms.
• Ensuring that labels on GROW bananas are clearly visible.
• Incorporating the use of an air fryer banana split recipe.
• Displaying all retail entries for a minimum of one (1) week in September 2022.
GROW organic banana purchases, along with retailer and distributor support, have provided over $3 million in aid since 2005. A percentage derived from the purchase of each box of GROW organic bananas is earmarked for the GROW fund. These funds are used for youth educational programs and health clinics along with dental and vision care in Mexico, clean water and early childhood education programs in Ecuador, disaster relief and environmental initiatives.
Shoppers who prioritize making positive social change and always doing what is best for the environment can take comfort in knowing that when they purchase GROW bananas, they are living those values. Organics Unlimited GROW label organic bananas are fairly traded and environmentally responsible. By choosing GROW, customers are supporting small growers, fostering education in banana growing communities and championing the health of consumers and communities where GROW label organic Cavendish bananas are grown.
For more information about Organics Unlimited or GROW bananas, please visit www.organicsunlimited.com.
About Organics Unlimited
Organics Unlimited is a San Diego-based grower and distributor of organic tropical fruit from Mexico and Ecuador, providing its traditional Organics Unlimited label, GROW label and Fair Trade Certified label organic bananas. Its fruits are USDA certified organic for the U.S. and Canada through Organic Certifiers. For more information on Organics Unlimited and GROW, visit organicsunlimited.com or call (619) 710-0658. Check out the latest blog post from Organics Unlimited, or find Organics Unlimited on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube.