The California navel season is nearing its end with growers expecting to ship through the end of May.
According to a crop report from Markon Cooperative BB #:123315, supplies of smaller sizes (113s and 138s) are tightening, with elevated prices expected for the remainder of the navel season.
- California Navels are expected to ship through the end of May
- Small sizes (113- and 138-count fruit) are diminishing as the crop matures
- Quality and taste are exceptional
- Sugar levels range from 10 to 12 Brix
- California’s Valencia harvest will begin around the first week of May and run through September
- Expect stocks to be dominated by larger 72- and 88-count sizes
- Sugar levels are forecast to range from 10.5 to 12 Brix