- Recall date: October 25, 2021
- Reason for recall: Microbiological – Listeria
- Hazard classification: Class 1
- Company / Firm: Carleton Mushroom
- Distribution: Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the distribution: Consumer
Ottawa, October 25, 2021 – Carleton Mushroom is recalling Sliced White Mushrooms prepared for Metro Brands from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
|None (prepared for Metro Brands)||Sliced White Mushrooms||227 g||0 59749 86872 3||Best before 2021 OCT 25|
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
This recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.