Pamela and Greg talk ghost kitchens, specifically Wendy’s and its new initiative to open 700 of them, and how they look very familiar to those operated on behalf of MrBeast Burger.
And the controlled environment agriculture segment is printing cash, or so it seems. Here’s the latest in big investments from 80acres farms, AppHarvest, Mastronardi Produce, AeroFarms and more.
- 80 Acres Farms secures $160MM investment for expansion
- AeroFarms to expand with indoor vertical farm in St. Louis
- Mastronardi, AppHarvest form new indoor farming venture: FarmCo
- Houweling USA rebrands as Longvine Growing Co.
- Kalera to acquire German vertical farming company
- AmplifiedAg raises $40MM in capital to continue vertical farm expansion
- Intergrow greenhouse expansion completed in New York
- AeroFarms partners with Nokia for AI-enabled plant vision technology
- Local Bounti hires former Sunkist, Dole exec as COO
- Wendy’s plans 700 ghost kitchens by 2025