Greg and Pamela discuss the ongoing — and brewing — catastrophe in the fresh produce supply chain, thanks to the COVID-19 crisis, from foodservice distributors to uncertain supply and demand. Pamela’s also skeptical that mainstream sandwich chains are taking their new grocery initiatives seriously given the product assortment.
- Fresh produce is safe, but how do we get consumers to believe it?
- As restaurants close, so goes lettuce and tomato demand
- COVID-19 hits Florida growers hard
- Subway, Panera dip into the grocery business
- A view from inside the foodservice catastrophe
- The era of necessary innovation
- VIDEO: Research explores consumer grocery shift amid COVID-19 crisis
- Fresh produce purchases lag far behind other groceries amid COVID-19