October 2, 2023 Newark, DE and Washington, D.C. – More than 1,000 exhibitors will debut their latest products and services, with a robust emphasis on technology and innovation, at The Global Produce & Floral Show, Oct. 19-21 in Anaheim, Calif.
“In just two days in October, more than 20,000 global show attendees from 60+ countries will discover solutions their businesses need to succeed,” said IFPA BB #:378962 exposition chair Nelia Alamo, vice president of marketing for Markon Cooperative.
“Our exhibitors are ready to match their expertise and innovations to the needs of our industry.”
New this year is The Innovation Hub, home to all things tech, including IFPA’s Fresh Field Catalyst (the association’s tech accelerator), Tech Xchange (an area for peer-to-peer discussions led by industry experts), and the FutureTECH Pavilion.
The Innovation Hub will host an AgTech Celebration Friday, Oct. 20, 3:30-4:30 PM, immediately following a 3 PM fireside chat on Artificial Intelligence (AI) with Dr. Elliott Grant, CEO of Mineral, an Alphabet Company. The hub is also the site of Food Safety & Tech X-Change sessions.
“In addition to what they find at the Innovation Hub, attendees will find all things tech, including robotics, sustainability, precision technologies, data solutions, food safety, labeling and packaging, transportation, traceability, and more throughout the expo,” Alamo said. “IFPA and our exhibiting companies recognize that our future depends on new technology and product innovation, and the global show expo is where we will glimpse that future.”
The expo is the launchpad:
• Debut offerings: Exhibitors use the global show to introduce their new products and services, driving significant FOMO.
• Sneak peek: The Fresh Ideas Showcase, just outside the expo entrance, features the newest products and services – those introduced in the last year.
“The expo is both tactile and tasty,” Alamo said. “Nowhere else will you see, taste, and try out these new offerings in person. It’s everything you need, it’s all in one place, and it’s delicious.”
New products and services prompt breakthroughs:
• Discover solutions: From efficiency- and quality-boosting tech to innovative products and services, the expo has the solutions attendees are looking for – and some that they haven’t yet imagined.
• Grow connections: The expo and the Fresh Ideas Showcase offer ideas and future-proofing. Attendees will learn what’s ahead and build their lists of companies and connections to help them in the months to come.
“It’s at the expo that we can all connect the dots. We will translate the insights and ideas we glean from education sessions to real-time solutions we find on the expo floor,” she said.
• Use the GPFS2023 app: The global show app allows attendees to tag the exhibitors they want to visit and puts them in order, so no one has to zig-zag or backtrack through the expo floor.
• Have a seat: Lounges on the show floor can be a temporary office for real-time conversations that lead to a company’s next innovation.
• Have fun: The global show Block Party is open Friday and Saturday, Oct. 20-21 from 8 AM to 6 PM at the convention center’s Grand Plaza. Enjoy food trucks, music, and entertainment throughout the day, and visit sponsor booths and activations.
“The expo is segmented so you can find what you’re looking for: produce, floral, complementary items, business solutions, first-time exhibitors, and more,” Alamo said. “This expo truly is a force for discovery — new products, services, technology, solutions, and ideas.”
About the International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA)
The International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA)?is the largest and most diverse international association serving the entire fresh produce and floral supply chain and the only to seamlessly integrate world-facing advocacy and industry-facing support. We exist to bring the industry together to create a vibrant future for all. We grow our member’s prosperity by conducting advocacy; connecting people and ideas; and offering guidance that allows us all to?take action?with purpose and confidence.
Contact: Ashley Sempowski, ASempowski@freshproduce.com +1 (202) 303-3406