April 18, 2023 COSTA MESA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–California Pizza Kitchen (CPK), the creator of California-style pizza, is welcoming the summer season with seasonal menu items available to guests starting today.
CPK guests can begin their meal with two refreshing new summer beverages. A bubbly Sparkling Watermelon Cooler mocktail is available for those looking for a non-alcoholic choice, and for those looking for a new twist on a summer favorite, guests can try the crisp and light Summer Fruit Sangria, both garnished with fresh fruit.
Guests can continue their CPK dining experience with CPK’s classic California Fields Salad featuring watermelon, strawberries, and field greens. Guests who’d like a contrast to their sweet drinks with something spicy will be pleased to see a return of CPK’s Dynamite Shrimp to the starter menu. To close out the meal – or for some with a sweet tooth, the main course of the meal – CPK’s delicious Strawberry Shortcake is also back.
“We are always looking for new ways to bring fresh California Creativity to our menu. But sometimes our guests just want the seasonal CPK menu classics they already know and love. And we are more than happy to listen,” said Paul Pszybylski, VP of Culinary Innovation at CPK. “Incorporating fresh California produce into our menu is a perfect way to signal summer and give our guests what they want. We are thrilled to welcome back these summer seasonal favorites.”
Additional details on CPK’s new menu items include:
New Seasonal Dishes:
- California Fields Salad: Cool off with our favorite California Fields Salad featuring fresh watermelon, strawberries, and field greens. Tossed with basil in our house made Champagne vinaigrette and topped with Feta and pistachios.
Additional items can include: Grilled Chicken, Grilled Shrimp, Sautéed Salmon, Fresh Avocado
- Dynamite Shrimp: Crispy shrimp tossed in homemade sweet & spicy sriracha sauce. Topped with slivered scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
This addition will be highlighted in our new Starters section on the menu.
- Strawberry Shortcake: It’s that time of the year! Our warm shortcake biscuit piled high with seasonal strawberries, whipped cream, and housemade candied lemon zest.
Vanilla Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream can be added for an additional charge
New Seasonal Beverages:
- Summer Fruit Sangria (AB): Bright & fresh! Belleruche Rosé, Grey Goose vodka, and Monin Watermelon. Garnished with fresh watermelon, strawberry, and mint.
- Sparkling Watermelon Cooler (NAB): Bubbly & refreshing! Fresh lime and soda water infused with Watermelon Purée – made with fresh watermelon and Monin Watermelon. Garnished with fresh watermelon.
New menu items are available in all company-owned locations starting April 18 for a limited time.
About California Pizza Kitchen
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to gourmet California inspired pizza. With a passion for combining fresh, seasonal ingredients with flavor inspirations from around the world, today CPK is a global brand serving creative California cuisine in more than 180 restaurants across 10 countries and U.S. territories. From its innovative, hearth-baked pizzas such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and California Club, to inventive salads, and unique pasta dishes that combine the old world with the new, CPK does everything with an imaginative California-inspired twist that guests love.