MONTRÉAL—The Canadian Produce Marketing Association honored five categories of new products at its convention in Montreal April 5-7.
Winners were chosen by a panel of judges at the event, and were announced just before the expo floor opened on April 6.
- Best New Product: Highline Mushrooms Simple Sides – saute kits including sliced white mushrooms and sauce in two flavors: Herb & Garlic and Sesame & Ginger;
- Best Snackable Product: NaturSource Salted Hot Cocoa Chocolate and Cinnamon Nut Mix, a mix of nuts and pretzels infused with chocolate and cinnamon;
- Best Packaging Innovation: Sambrailo’s ReadyCycle sustainable packaging that is 100% recyclable and home compostable;
- Best Organic Product: Mucci Farms Natural Organics Grape Tomatoes, which are packaged in a recyclable cardboard fiber tray; and
- Best New Technology: Star Group Open Plastic Initiative, which supports research by Queen’s University’s Open Plastic Initiative.