SALINAS, Calif. – The leading North American salad company, Taylor Farms, BB #:193361 introduces a new line of salad kits perfect for every day.
This line encompasses classic favorites and exciting spins on illustrious staples: Cheesy Ranch, Everyday Italian, Raspberry Crisp, Mexican Style Caesar, Everyday Caesar and Ultimate Caesar. Whole-leaf kits (non-chopped) are a growing subsegment in the value-added salad category with $616 Million in sales annually and the second largest contributor to category dollar growth in the last 26 weeks.1
Beginning in late July, Taylor Farms further expanded its bagged salad kit offering with availability nationwide in both the U.S. and Canada:
• Cheesy Ranch Salad Kit contains a creamy buttermilk ranch dressing, parmesan and cheddar croutons and cheddar cheese over a bed of crisp greens for a decadent and crunchy combination.
• Everyday Italian Salad Kit combines zesty Italian dressing with parmesan and rich cheddar croutons, nutty sunflower seeds and a tasteful Italian seasoning packet, served over fresh greens. This kit showcases an authentic palate of fresh, savory flavors that pairs well with any meal.
• Raspberry Crisp Salad Kit includes a mix of baby leaf lettuces along with cornbread croutons, sunflower seeds and a light and refreshing raspberry vinaigrette. This kit is low calorie and completely vegan, perfect for the summer season and boasting a bite of sweetness in every forkful.
• Mexican Style Caesar Salad Kit is a fiery twist on the original recipe with mild Monterey Jack croutons, nutty pepitas, and bold parmesan cheese paired with a zesty Mexican Caesar dressing. This unique dressing combines creamy buttermilk with jalapeño, lime, herbs and spices for a salad that speaks to the roots of Caesar salad itself.
• Everyday Caesar and Ultimate Caesar Salad Kit join the existing Taylor Farms Classic Caesar. In the last 26 weeks, according to Nielsen scan data, Caesar accounts for almost 73% of all non-chopped salad kit sales and continues to grow double digits year over year.
“We’ve been so happy with the success of our cutting-edge chopped salad kits that we wanted to expand our innovation into additional segments and offer easy, high-quality options for everyday needs,” said Amanda Chasten, Project Manager.
“Caesar continues to hold the lion’s share of the value-added salad segment with consumers repeatedly purchasing this recipe profile. Our new Caesar kits deliver a restaurant quality experience in the convenience of your home. Our Mexican Style Caesar brings a flavorful addition to this versatile staple that consumers will love” said Charis Neves, Director of Innovation and Product Management.
ABOUT TAYLOR FARMS
Taylor Farms is a leading North American producer of salads and healthy fresh foods with a vast portfolio in the US, Canada and Mexico. Taylor Farms is grounded in a commitment to quality, innovation, sustainability, and food safety. Taylor Farms is family owned and based in “The Salad Bowl of the World” Salinas, California. www.taylorfarms.com.