ST. PAUL, Minn.- Verdant Technologies BB #:377032 announces the appointment of ag tech industry expert, Matthew Aronson, to the role of Chief Revenue Officer, effective immediately.
Mr. Aronson comes to Verdant from Apeel Sciences, most recently as Senior Director of Major Accounts. He will lead all sales activity for Verdant to guide global activation and growth, and report directly to Verdant CEO, Gordon Robertson.
“Matthew has a unique experience in shelf-life extension technology, having helped develop solutions to integrate the technology into customer operations – and managing those customers after implementation to ensure successful execution and satisfaction, said Robertson. “His end-to-end perspective and deep knowledge of bringing customers on board makes him a tremendous addition to our team.”
In his nearly seven years of service at Apeel, Aronson also held director-level positions in Engineering and Customer Integration, where he led various customer-facing teams in manufacturing strategy, solution implementation design, and sales and business development.
“The demands of today’s consumer – freshness, value, convenience – together with growing supply chain pressures and a looming climate crisis, give rise to the need for a more sustainable food system. We all have a role to play, and it starts with thinking differently and finding new ways to collaborate and leverage technology that benefits all stakeholders,” said Aronson. “I’m honored to join the team at Verdant, where I look forward to working with our partners to bring innovative solutions to the market.”
About Verdant Technologies
Verdant Technologies is an emerging leader in the ag tech industry, offering HarvestHold product life extension technology for floral and produce products. Verdant Technologies and its partners work hand-in-hand to reduce negative environmental impacts and help bring nourishment to more people in more places. Verdant Technologies has corporate offices in St. Paul, MN and Denver, CO. For more information, visit www.verdant-tech.com.
HarvestHold by Verdant Technologies, the sheet form of Verdant’s 1-MCP solutions, is the first of the company’s patented products available in the global marketplace. As floral and produce products are harvested, growers and packers simply insert a sheet of HarvestHold into packaging from which 1-MCP is released using a plant’s natural chemistry. Find out more at www.harvesthold.com.
About Gulftech International
Verdant Technologies is a division of Gulftech International. Gulftech is a diversified holding company with a core competence in developing and operating global manufacturers of industrial equipment and components. We are owners, operators and stewards to a family of companies serving the world’s most important food production and processing companies. Our mission is to acquire and nurture companies, investing in sustainable growth and long-term success. Our focus is on middle market, long-term acquisition opportunities in manufacturing, packaging, distribution and industrial aftermarket parts and service. Gulftech has corporate offices in Denver, CO. For more information, visit www.gulftech.com.
• Locations: White Bear Lake, MN & Denver, CO
• Year established: 2020 (formerly Cellresin, established in 1996)
• Employees: 20+
• Website: www.verdant-tech.com
• Grounded in science and discovery, Verdant Technologies is committed to positively impact the world’s health and well-being and provide nourishment to more people in more places.
• Verdant Technologies employs the brightest minds to discover, develop, and deploy paradigm-shifting innovations that help to build the perishable supply chains of the future.
• With more than 20 years of experience focused on freshness, 241+ patents filed internationally and globally recognized experts in cyclodextrin and 1-MCP (1-methylcyclopropene) in leadership roles, the company is uniquely positioned to create significant value while providing nourishment to the global community.
• Verdant Technologies is a division of Gulftech International, a diversified holding company with a core competence in developing and operating global manufacturers of industrial equipment and components.
Industry Experience within Leadership Team
• Members of Verdant Technologies’ management team include:
o Gordon Robertson as Chief Executive Officer. Robertson’s industry experience includes previously held positions with Apeel Sciences and Sun World.
o Todd Edgington as Chief Technology and Science Officer. Edgington previously held product marketing and development positions with Syngenta, BASF, and AgroFresh.
o Matt Aronson as Chief Revenue Officer. Aronson previously held sales leadership, engineering, and customer integration positions with Apeel Sciences.
• Across categories, Verdant Technologies’ technology helps deliver products to consumers as intended, staying fresh and protected throughout the supply chain.
• With the ability to target application, solutions developed by Verdant Technologies create new opportunities and expand markets while using fewer natural resources and lessening negative environmental impacts.
• Benefits of the company’s technology include:
o Less food waste for growers, packers, wholesalers, retailers & consumers.
o Reduced costs in packing, storage, logistics, and food waste.
o Value generation for all constituents in the value chain.
o Extended market reach for producers to reach more distant markets.
o Increased accessibility to fruits and vegetables for people & geographies difficult to reach with existing infrastructure.
o Reduction of carbon footprint due to reduced natural resource usage and transportation impacts.
Products & Usage
• Verdant Technologies’ first product to market is HarvestHold, a revolutionary product life extension solution for fruits, vegetables, and florals.
• HarvestHold contains the active ingredient 1-MCP (1 methylcyclopropene), which has been used for decades in over 40 countries to block ethylene, the natural plant hormone that stimulates the ripening of produce and the opening and senescence of flowers.
• 1-MCP is approved by the EPA and designated by the FDA as generally regarded as safe (GRAS).
• Until recently, application has been limited to air-tight containers, but Verdant Technologies has expanded the possibilities for application of 1-MCP down to the box level.