Please join Agriculture Marketing Service (AMS) and United Fresh BB #:145458 for a webinar to further discuss details around the Coronavirus Food Assistance (CFAP) Purchase and Distribution Program, on Thursday, April 23 at 1:00 pm EDT/10:00 am PDT.
This serves as a fresh produce-specific complement to AMS’s previously held informational webinar on Tuesday, April 21st.
USDA will issue a solicitation to invite proposals from offerors to supply commodity boxes to non-profit organizations, identified by the offeror, on a mutually agreeable, recurring schedule. USDA will award contracts for the purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables, the assembly of commodity boxes and delivery to identified non-profit organizations that can receive, store and distribute food items.
AMS’s Commodity Procurement Program will procure an estimated $100 million per month in fresh fruits and vegetables. The Request for Proposals will be open on Friday, April 24, 2020.
• Robert Guenther, Senior Vice President, Public Policy, United Fresh Produce Association
• Mollie Van Lieu, Senior Director, Nutrition Policy, United Fresh Produce Association
• David Tuckwiller, Deputy Administrator, AMS Commodity Procurement Program, USDA
• Chris Purdy, Associate Deputy Administrator, AMS Commodity Procurement Program, USDA
• Tom Brugato, President, Pacific Coast Fruit Company & Chairman, United Fresh Wholesaler-Distributor Board
For questions, contact Mollie Van Lieu, Senior Director of Nutrition Policy at 202-303-3403.