Company Press Release – The 12 new members of United Fresh’s Produce Industry Leadership Class 24 will kick off their yearlong program in Ohio this week. Throughout the week, the class will engage in leadership development opportunities and meetings with industry members throughout different facilities in Ohio, Michigan and Canada, including DNO Inc. BB #:134515; Buurma Farms BB #:102783; Wiers Farm BB #:102786/Dutch Maid Logistics BB #:109931; Holthouse Farms BB #:102784; Detroit Produce Terminal; Fair Food Network; Mucci Farms; Red Sun Farms BB #:171100 and Pure Flavor.
“It’s always a special moment for all of us at United Fresh when our class of up-and-coming produce industry professionals takes the first step in their leadership journey,” says United Fresh Produce Association President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “Throughout their yearlong journey we will cheer them on as Class 24 prepares to become the future leaders of their companies and of our industry.”
The program, which started in 1995, is sponsored by Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, and has graduated more than 200 industry professionals. With extensive involvement from professional trainers, faculty, leading United Fresh members and Corteva Agriscience executives, the program immerses students in four core areas: leadership development, business relationships, government and public affairs and media and public communications.
Class 24 Members:
• Daniel Corsaro, Indianapolis Fruit Company, Indianapolis, IN, BB #:102610
• Shanan Cox, Sam’s Club, Bentonville, AR, BB #:140368
• Heather Fuller, Braga Fresh Family Farms, Bakersfield, CA, BB #:206762
• Jason Frost, Apio Inc., Hanover, PA
• Brett Grimm, Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield, CA, BB #:112956
• Lacy Litten, Innovative Produce, Santa Maria, CA, BB #:191374
• Matt Roy, US Foods, Rosemont, IL, BB #:134354
• Brianna Shales, Stemilt Growers, Wenatchee, WA, BB #:113654
• Leslie Simmons, Dave’s Specialty Imports, Medley, FL, BB #:144215
• Olivia Storvik, NatureSweet Tomatoes, San Antonio, TX, BB #:152351
• Lori Taylor, The Produce Moms, Indianapolis, IN, BB #:366223
• Ross Williams, Titan Farms, Ridge Spring, SC, BB #:175539
The program culminates in June 2019, with graduation at the 2019 United Fresh convention, June 10-12 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
To learn more about the program and Class 24, visit the United Fresh website or contact Amanda Griffin, Senior Director, Education & Member Programs, at 202-303-3412 or email@example.com.
About United Fresh Produce Association
Founded in 1904, the United Fresh Produce Association BB #:145458 brings together companies across every segment of the fresh produce supply chain, including growers, shippers, fresh cut processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, foodservice operators, industry suppliers and allied associations. We empower industry leaders to shape sound government policy. We deliver the resources and expertise companies need to succeed in managing complex business and technical issues. We provide the training and development individuals need to advance their careers in produce. Through these endeavors, we unite out industry with a common purpose – to build long-term value for our members and grow produce consumption. For more information, visit www.unitedfresh.org
Contact: Mary Coppola, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-303-3425