The damage estimates from Hurricane Hilary are in, and California fruit was hit harder than originally thought. and the Kroger/Albertsons deal appears to be moving forward with a plan from C&S Wholesale Grocers to divest hundreds of stores.
- Kroger and Albertsons release divestiture plan with C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Reports: C&S in talks to acquire Kroger/Albertsons divestitures
- Hurricane Hilary aftermath: 25 million boxes of California table grapes lost
- To weather the storm, California fresh fruit needs partnership from retailers
- ProduceIQ: Farms need drying out after Hurricane Idalia; expect a gap this fall
- In a crowded apple market, SweeTango says to bet on a winner