February 15, 2022 – As the Produce for Better Health Foundation’s BB #:157162 award-winning Have A Plant Movement continues to grow, so too does its network of committed influencer volunteers.
The PBH Have A Plant Ambassadors are a unique network of experts who regularly contribute content to PBH’s digital ecosystem and span three distinct points of influence: point-of-sale (retail); point-of-flavor (culinary & foodservice) and point-of-inspiration (lifestyle, nutrition & agriculture).
After a highly competitive selection process with nearly 200 plant-passionate applicants, the 2022-2023 class of Have A Plant Ambassadors was identified based on a number of factors including their significant credibility, strong digital and social media reach, media-savvy smarts, endlessly compelling expert content, and most importantly, their genuine passion for promoting fruits and vegetables in their professional work.
This year’s group of nearly 60 Ambassadors is PBH’s largest to-date, featuring retail registered dietitians, culinary and foodservice professionals, and lifestyle, nutrition & agriculture leaders. All Ambassadors are enlisted for a two-year term and will collaborate with PBH to bring the Have A Plant Movement to life by inspiring Americans with actionable, realistic and FUN steps to enjoy more fruits and vegetables.
“Our valuable network of all-star Ambassadors leads with experience, taste and flavor to ensure the Have A Plant Movement continues to have a powerful impact with consumers,” said Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, president & CEO of PBH.
“As this group of Ambassadors continues to grow, I am confident that we will be able to spread the Have A Plant love far and wide. No other organization is committed to building and nurturing a diverse community of enthusiastic experts who authentically and credibly advocate for enjoying more fruits and vegetables.”
Have A Plant Ambassadors, along with PBH’s digital and social media following, reach more than 2 million consumers daily and include the following leaders:
• Albertson’s Companies, Elaine Magee, MPH, RD
• Big Y Foods, Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN
• Big Y Foods, Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN
• Coborn’s Inc., Amy Petersen, MS, RD, LD
• Coborn’s Inc., Emily Parent, RD, LD
• Fresh Thyme Market, Meghan Sedivy, RD, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Charlotte Scheid, MED, RD, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Jennifer Schmiel, RD, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Joni Rampolla, MBA, RDN, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Mary Robinson, RD, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Shanna Schultz, RD, LDN
• Giant Food Stores, Thu Huynh, RD, LDN
• Hannaford Supermarket, Allison J Stowell, MS, RD
• Hannaford Supermarkets, April Byron, MS, RDN, LDN
• Hannaford Supermarket, Kara Kilmartin, RD, LD
• Harmons Grocery, Sarah Kiel, RD
• K-VA-T Food Stores, Elizabeth Hall, PHD, RDN, LDN
• Rouses Markets, April Sins, MS, RDN, LDN
• Weis Markets, Emily Bumgarner, M.ED., RDN, LDN
• Weis Markets, Lyndi Wieand, MHSC, RDN, LDN
• Weis Markets, Melissa Logan, RDN, LDN
CULINARY & FOODSERVICE:
• Chef Abbie Gellman, Abbie Gellman, MS, RD
• Compass Group, Jennifer Roberts, MS, RDN
• Culinary Solutions Centers, LLC, Cyndie, Story, PhD, RDN, SNS
• Datassential, Marie Molde, RD
• Healthy Eating 101, Megan McCarthy
• Kaya Health, Erika Wong, MS, RD
• Nutrition for the Future, Dayle Hayes, MS, RD
• RDPC, INC/Board Mama, Robin Plotkin, RDN
• Sodexo, Micheline D. Cormier, RD, LDN
• Taste, Nutrition Consulting, Tessa Nguyen, RD
• The Food Group/Creative Food Solutions, Jessica Foust, RDN
LIFESTYLE, NUTRITION & AGRICULTURE:
• Alexandra Rae, Harvest Joy
• Andrew Dole, RDN, CEC, Body Fuel Sports Performance & Lifestyle Nutrition
• Beau Coffron, Lunchbox Dad
• Cara Harbstreet, MS, RD, Street Smart Nutrition
• Christy Wilson, RDN, Christy Wilson Nutrition
• Deanna Belleny Lewis, MPH, RDN, Deanna Belleny Lewis
• Elisabeth Watkins, Farm Girl Chef
• Elise Compston, RD, LD and Stephen Compston, RD, LD, CDCES, Compston’s Kitchen
• Jillian Griffith, MSPH, RDN, LDN, The Culture of Wellness
• Jodi Danen, RD, Create Kids Club
• Jonathan Valdez, RD, MBA, CDE, Genki Nutrition
• Julie Andrews, MS, RDN, CD, FAND, The Healthy Epicurean
• Kelli Shallal, MPH, RD, CPT, Hungry Hobby
• Kelly Jones, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, Kelly Jones Nutrition
• Kristen Carli, RD, Camelback Nutrition & Wellness
• Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, CLEC, Nutrition Counseling Now
• Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, CSS, Active Eating Advice
• Liz Weiss, MS, RDN, Liz’s Healthy Table
• Lori Taylor, The Produce Moms®
• Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT, Team With ME: Nutrition & Fitness Consulting LLC
• Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD, Manuel Villacorta Nutrition
• Matthew Landry, PhD, RDN
• Megan Crivelli, The Produce Nerd
• Nicole Rodriguez, RDN, NASM-CPT, Enjoy Food Enjoy Life
• Rosanne Rust, MS, RDN, LDN, Rust Nutrition Services
• Sarah Schlichter, MPH, RDN, Bucket List Tummy
• Vandana Sheth, RDN, CDCES, FAND, Vandana Sheth
Beyond its Have A Plant Ambassadors, PBH also connects with a broad network of plant-passionate advocates, who believe in the organization’s mission and promote fruits and vegetables in their work on a regular basis. All plant-passionate professionals are invited to join our Have A Plant community here.
“We recognize hundreds of influencers want to be a part of our Movement, whether promoting produce in stores, in schools, in restaurants or online via social media,” said Katie Calligaro, PBH marketing & communications director.
“Expanding and evolving the Have A Plant® Movement so that all plant-passionate advocates can take part means that any professional who believes in the PBH mission can collaborate with us and make a difference in the lives of millions of Americans, helping them to experience greater health and happiness by eating more fruits and vegetables.”
Reaching millions of consumers each day through its social media channels and digital ecosystem, PBH continues to be a premium partner for influencer engagement and activation. To take advantage of PBH’s comprehensive menu of influencer offerings that immerse Gen Z and millennial consumers in an inspirational fruit and vegetable culture, download the newly released 2022 Member Engagement Prospectus here.
For more information, research, tips, tricks, recipes and fruit and veggie facts and inspiration, visit fruitsandveggies.org. Follow us and our Have A Plant® Ambassadors on Facebook @fruitsandveggies; Twitter @fruits_veggies; Instagram @fruitsandveggies; Pinterest @fruits_veggies; and LinkedIn at Produce for Better Health Foundation.
About the Produce for Better Health Foundation
Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH), a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is the only national organization dedicated to helping consumers live happier, healthy lives by eating more fruits and vegetables, including fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, every single day.
Since 1991, PBH has invested decades into developing trended insights on attitudes toward all forms of fruit and vegetable consumption, in addition to campaigns and partnerships with government, food industry stakeholders, health professionals and other thought leaders to collaborate, facilitate and advocate for increased intake. Campaigns included first, the 5-A-Day program, and then, the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters public health initiative. While five fruits and vegetables each day is great advice, and more will always matter, PBH’s new behavior-based call-to-action is Have A Plant®. Rooted in behavioral science, PBH’s transformative Have A Plant® Movement is an invitation that will inspire people with compelling reasons to believe in the powerful role fruits and vegetables can play to create happy, healthy and active lives.
The Produce for Better Health Foundation is THE ONLY 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization committed to increasing fruit and vegetable consumption for America’s health and happiness.
Katie Calligaro, Marketing & Communications Director
Produce for Better Health Foundation