The Vorhees Vision Scholarship was created to reward the achievements of young individuals who demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit in their lives as they pursue their educational goals. This scholarship is named in honor of the late Terry L. Vorhees, Founder and first Executive Director of the Southeast Produce Council BB #:191194. Because of his vision and efforts, the Southeast Produce Council became and continues to remain one of the best resources in the produce industry today.
Scholarship applications are due Friday, January 15, 2021 by 5:00 pm EST. One (1) $7,500.00 scholarship will then be awarded to the scholarship recipient who meets the following criteria:
- Graduating high school seniors or college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Children & Grandchildren of any SEPC corporate member in good standing
Selection factors include:
- GPA (minimum of 3.0)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from high school and/or college staff, clergy, community leaders, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores
- Leadership and Community Service involvement (10 hours completed within the last 12 months)
- Quality of essay (minimum of 1000 words. Essay Topic: 2020 has been a very trying year for all of us. Yet through the COVID-19 pandemic, we have gained valuable insight into SEPC’s theme for 2021 – Produce: Powered by People. The produce industry has been deemed essential during this pandemic, and whether companies are serving from the fields or delivering to our tables we have all felt the tremendous impact. Explain how you have witnessed essential workers within our industry, or from your own personal experience, who have risen above the challenges to make a difference in the communities we serve.)
For more information, please visit our website. For questions, please contact the SEPC office at email@example.com or 877-720-SEPC.