FreshXperts BB #:261158 is excited to announce the addition of Dan Avakian, aka “Dan the Produce Man”, to the FreshXperts team.
Dan Avakian is a Produce Industry Consultant and Media Promotor based in the San Francisco Bay area.
“I’ve always promoted the enjoyment of fresh fruit and vegetables before the nutrition with the notion that if people experience the enjoyment first then the nutrition will naturally follow,” he said.
Dan has enjoyed over four decades in many facets of the fresh produce industry starting out at an open-air market in 1976.
Since that time, he has worked on several projects for many produce and grocery companies and owned his own award-winning produce market in his hometown of Alameda California.
He has also enjoyed an extensive career in broadcasting and has put the two together to promote fresh produce on radio, television, and the internet. Dan’s mission is to help make top quality produce a major part of Americans diets.
“I have known Dan for the past 12 years. He has an unending knowledge of every fruit and vegetable growing. Dan’s experience and expertise is in “selling produce” in the trenches. He has a wealth of talent in the video media field explaining and teaching about individual produce items. Dan will be a tremendous value for our FreshXperts team as well as for the industry,” said Ron Pelger.
Dan’s Focus and Areas of Expertise include:
• Media Promotions
• Retail Merchandising
• Quality Assurance
• Wholesale Sales
• Foodservice Distribution
• Home and Office Delivery
• CSA Programs
• Produce Boxes
• Training and Mentoring
His experience includes:
• Over 40 years in fresh produce in the San Francisco Bay Area
• Owner Manger, CEO of a Multi Award-Winning Independent Produce Market
• Farm relations liaison
• Sales to restaurants and institutions
• Senior buyer of organic produce and natural groceries
• Production and distribution manager for an Organic produce home delivery company
• Quality Assurance manager
• Produce Manager. Trainer. Mentor.
• Talk Show host; Expert Guest for TV and radio shows
• Host: Getting Fresh with Dan the Produce Man–You Tube and other social media platforms.