Greg and Pamela discuss the latest in the USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box program, including one contested contract winner finally delivering, and a second chance for those who did not receive contracts in Round 1.
Pamela also has insight on the plight of salad bars and how retailers could be scaling back on self-serve in the short term, and possibly long term strategy.
- Can grocery salad bars survive the pandemic?
- COVID-19 grocery shopping week 10: fresh produce sales up 16%
- Companies have another shot at a Food Box contract
- As wedding planner promises deliveries, congressmen call for cancellation in $39 million contract
- House Ag Committee leaders press USDA for Food Box program answers
- USDA terminates avocado grower’s $40MM food box contract
- USDA responds to United Fresh’s food box program questions