Greg and Pamela discuss the roller coaster $40 million contract awarded to Ben Holtz of California Avocados Direct in the USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box program, the controversy unfolding from the selection process, and how the majority of contracts are business as usual.
Pamela has insight on Whole Foods’ dark store strategy, and how retailers will adapt online grocery going forward.
- Chelan Fresh feels well prepared for food box contract
- USDA responds to United Fresh’s food box program questions
- USDA terminates avocado grower’s $40MM food box contract
- Bay Area companies partner in USDA food box program
- Georgia-based T&T Produce plans 15,000 boxes a week through USDA program
- Amazon turns Whole Foods stores dark in online grocery catch-up