January 15, 2020 (Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian Produce Marketing Association BB #:153602 has officially launched the CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool.
Developed collaboratively with Value Chain Management International (VCMI), the online resource provides businesses with a proven means to generate high returns on investment (ROI) by addressing waste and recurring procedural problems in a structured manner.
Businesses having already used the tool have improved their bottom line by at least 10 percent.
Presented in 14 easy-to-navigate steps, the resource contains clearly understandable processes and techniques that are most commonly used at the start of a continuous process improvement initiative.
Examples of inefficiencies that the tool helps to address include food waste (products/produce), equipment failure, lost production, energy, labour, packaging, transportation and more.
Outcomes achieved by businesses that have completed the online resource include:
• Reduced labour costs – by having implemented more effective daily management systems;
• Reduced transport costs – by having modified transportation routes and protocols;
• Reduced input costs – by having lessened the occurrence of wasted or damaged products;
• Increased revenue – by having accessed new markets or increased sales in current markets; and
• Increased margins – by having improved the consistency and predictability of product quality.
The CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool is exclusively available to CPMA members. Members can register to access the tool at efficiency.cpma.ca. Non-member companies interested in accessing the tool can learn more about CPMA membership at cpma.ca/membership.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Communications, Canadian Produce Marketing Association
Telephone: 613-226-4187 x225 | Cell: 613-878-3312