PRESS RELEASE June 7, 2019 – As part of its influencer strategy and commitment to doubling its reach to connect with consumers, the Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) BB #:157162 is collaborating with United Fresh Produce Association to bring 10 influencers to the trade show floor on Tuesday, June 11th. The group consists of retail and foodservice dietitians, influential food bloggers, renowned media RDs, nutrition consultants, and leaders from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the largest organization of food and nutrition professionals in the world.
“We wanted to leverage the opportunity while we were in Chicago to not only share our new Have A Plant™ movement with key influencers, but also introduce them to the fresh produce industry. For many, this will be their first time experiencing the United Fresh Expo and connecting with the industry directly.” says Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, President and CEO of PBH. “Fruits and vegetables are at the center of dietitians’ plates, but to experience the show floor and make real-life connections can truly ignite powerful partnerships that can engage consumers in a meaningful way.”
The group consists of the following:
• Bloomin’ Brands – Maria Caranfa, RD LD, Foodservice Registered Dietitian
• Christine Palumbo Nutrition – Christine Palumbo, MBA, RDN, FAND
• FEED Nutrition Consulting – Kristin Houts, MS, RD, LDN
• Fresh Thyme – Kerry Clifford, MS, RD, LDN, Retail Registered Dietitian
• Fresh Thyme – Meghan Sedivy, RD, LDN, Retail Registered Dietitian
• Hispanic Food Communications, Inc. – Sylvia Klinger, DBA, MS, RD
• Nutrition Happens – May Zhu, MBA, RD, LDN
• On Target Living – Kristen Johnson Brogan, RD, LDN, ACE-PT
• Once Upon A Pumpkin – Maggie Michalczyk, RDN
• The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Mary Beth Whalen
• Victoria Shanta Retelny – Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
“We’re glad this community of PBH-assembled, food and nutrition influencers is looking to further expand their knowledge of the produce industry through participation at United Fresh,” said Mary Coppola, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, United Fresh Produce Association BB #:145458. “These are the types of opportunities that make the United Fresh show more robust and relevant to the broader food dialogue.”
“Hosting influencers at select industry events and trade shows is a key element of PBH’s events and education platform,” says Sharese Roper, Events and Education Manager for PBH. “We successfully continue to extend and enhance the industry’s investment in trade shows. For example, we have hosted highly-coveted retail dietitians at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo for close to a decade. Nearly every influencer who attends one or more PBH events requests a future invitation.”
PBH continues to grow their events platform to create omni-channel educational experiences that address the needs of industry members and influencers, while engaging consumers where it matters most. The newest addition to their event portfolio is the PBH’s Fresh Concepts Foodservice Event, delivering 8-10 foodservice leaders and culinary trendsetters to PMA’s Foodservice Conference and Expo. In 2020, their network of elite influencers will be ever-present and accessible through new, reimagined partnerships and customized event services.
“We pride ourselves on our best-in-class concierge style service and have enhanced the ways to strategically connect the produce industry with elite influencers through programs that ignite meaningful, long-lasting connections,” says Reinhardt Kapsak.
PBH regularly attends the following industry shows and meetings,* and is open to collaborative partnerships for an exclusive influencer event and/or amplification opportunity:
• United Fresh Foundation FreshStart
• United Fresh BrandStorm™
• SEPC Southern Exposure
• Viva Fresh Expo
• New England Organic Produce Council Conference
• United Fresh Convention & Expo
• IDEA World®
• PMA Foodservice Conference & Expo
• SEPC Southern Innovations Organics & Foodservice Expo
• United Fresh Washington Policy Conference
• NEPC Annual Produce, Floral & Foodservice Expo
• Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association Annual Convention
• PMA Fresh Summit International Convention & Expo
• Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE®
• Western Growers Annual Meeting
• The New York Produce Show and Conference
*Not an all-inclusive list.
For more information about how to work with PBH on influencer engagement, events, retail and foodservice programs as well as customized digital and social media content opportunities, view the new 2020 Member Opportunities here.
About the Produce for Better Health Foundation
Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH), a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is the only national organization dedicated to helping consumers live happier, healthy lives by eating more fruits and vegetables, including fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, every single day.
Since 1991, PBH has invested decades into developing trended insights on attitudes toward all forms of fruit and vegetable consumption, in addition to campaigns and partnerships with government, food industry stakeholders, health professionals and other thought leaders to collaborate, facilitate and advocate for increased intake. Campaigns included first, the 5-A-Day program, and then, the Fruits & Veggies—More Matters public health initiative. While five fruits and vegetables each day is great advice, and more will always matter, PBH’s new behavior-based call-to-action is Have A Plant™.
To learn more, visit www.fruitsandveggies.org.