Company Press Release – Beginning May 21st, Raley’s will begin to assume operations of five Scolari’s Food & Drug locations and one Sak ‘N’Save store, on a staggered transition schedule. Each store will have their own unique transition timeline, but all six locations will be fully converted to Raley’s ownership by June 10.
Each of the purchased stores will close for two days, where the stores will go through a transition and reopen as Raley’s. This includes the Sak ‘N Save that will keep its name but reopen under Raley’s leadership.
Raley’s will begin to remerchandise the stores with their best fresh products, including enhanced offerings in fresh meat, produce and food service. Prepared food offerings will range from rotisserie chicken and tri-tip, to Raley’s Ready-to-go meals, and in-house prepared salads. The store will include Raley’s line of handcrafted cakes, fresh fruit desserts and expanded line of single serve desserts.Raley’s also will add their private label products to the shelves.
“Customers will see an immediate change in the product offerings at an affordable price,” said Keith Knopf, President of Raley’s. “We believe customers will be impressed with Raley’s enhanced prepared food offerings with quality ingredients. We hope to gain their trust and loyalty as they try our offerings.”
Scolari’s Food & Drug employees were encouraged to apply for employment as Raley’s team members, and of those who applied, 95% have been hired. In addition, four of the stores will be managed by the same leadership. There are still open positions available, www.raleys.com/careers.
Raley’s is committed to providing great products at affordable prices. Raley’s recommends customers take advantage of their many opportunities to save:
– Raley’s Something Extra Program: For customers who sign-up in-store or online, our loyalty program sends customers “Personalized Offers,” which are hand-picked savings that truly fit the way they shop. Customers also earn one point for every penny spent, and Raley’s returns it as a cash offer to be spent in store, every quarter.
– $5 Monday: Every Monday, Raley’s has a variety of products on sale for $5. This may be our favorite day of the week!
– On Wednesdays, Raley’s weekly ad is released. This can be viewed in select areas via newspaper circular or online at raleys.com/shop/flyer.
Each of the stores will have a dedicated Facebook page for customers to keep up with new product offerings, store news and savings opportunities. “Like” the store’s Facebook page to stay up to date.
Store Transition Milestones
1. Sak ‘N Save: 1901 Silverada Boulevard, Reno, NV
– Will close Monday, May 21 at 5:00 pm
– Will reopen on Thursday, May 24 at 8:00 am.
2. Scolari’s Food & Drug: 3310 South McCarran Boulevard, Reno, NV
– Will close Thursday, May 24 at 5:00 pm
– Will reopen as Raley’s on Sunday, May 27 at 7:00 am.
3. Scolari’s Food & Drug: 4788 Caughlin Parkway, Reno, NV
– Will close Monday, May 28 at 5:00 pm
– Will reopen as Raley’s on Thursday, May 31 at 7:00 am.
4. Scolari’s Food & Drug: 1400 US Highway 95A North, Fernley, NV
– Will close on Thursday, May 31 at 5:00 pm
– Willreopen as Raley’s on Sunday, June 3 at 7:00 am.
5. Scolari’s Food & Drug: 176 West Goldfield Avenue, Yerington, NV
– Will close on Monday, June 4 at 5:00 pm
– Will reopen as Raley’s on Thursday, June 7 at 7:00 am.
6. Scolari’s Food & Drug: Hwy 95 – Air Force Road, Tonopah, NV
– Will close on Thursday, June 7 at 5:00 pm
– Will reopen as Raley’s on Sunday, June 10 at 7:00 am.