Cancel OK

Sysco Reports Strong Local Case Growth in First Quarter and Delivers Adjusted Diluted EPS of $0.52; $0.41 on a GAAP Basis

Sales for the first quarter were $12.6 billion, an increase of 0.9% compared to the same period last year. Overall food cost deflation was 0.2% (1.1% in US Broadline) as measured by the estimated change in Sysco’s product costs, with deflation in the dairy, meat, poultry and seafood categories, partially offset by modest inflation in other categories. In addition, sales from acquisitions (completed within the last 12 months) increased sales by 0.4%, and the impact of changes in foreign exchange rates decreased sales by 2.0%. Case volume for the company’s U.S. Broadline operations grew 3.4% during the quarter. Local case growth within U.S. Broadline operations grew 2.0%. Gross profit was $2.2 billion, an increase of 2.3% compared to the same period last year. Gross margin increased 23 basis points to 17.81%.

To access this information directly from the company, click here.